- Application Programming Interface
- Set of defined rules(protocols) that explain how computers or applications communicate with each other.
- OpenAPI Specification - API description format for REST APIs.
- OpenAPI File - Describe your entire API, which includes
- Available endpoints (
/users) & operations on each endpoint (
- Operation parameters Input and output for each operation
- Authentication methods
- Written in YAML or JSON.
- Set of open-source tools built around OpenAPI Specification that can help you design, build, document, and consume REST APIs.
- It includes:
- Swagger Editor – browser-based editor to write OpenAPI specs.
- Swagger UI – renders OpenAPI specs as interactive API documentation.
- Swagger Codegen – generates server stubs & client libraries from OpenAPI spec.
Learn more this through Video on -YouTube