What is Cloud Computing?
- Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. Instead of buying, owning, and maintaining physical data centers and servers, you can access technology services, such as computing power, storage, and databases, as per your requirement from a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
Why do we need Cloud Computing & the difference between On-premise & Cloud?
- As the world is becoming more digital day by day, all companies want to give their presence online, for this, they have to set up IT infrastructure. For that, They have two choices either to set it on-premise or use the cloud.
- Cloud has a pay-as-you-go model means you just have to pay only for the resources you are using, While in on-premises servers, we pay everything up front and there is an additional operating cost to maintain racks of servers, also we need round the clock electricity for power and cooling, the IT experts team for managing the infrastructure, or even you have to worry about other things like rodents which can cut off your data cables. Fire or any other physical damages…
- In the cloud, you don’t need to worry about these...as they back up data at different places. in on-premises, a lot of space is required for seating the servers but in the cloud, not much space requirement is needed for the organization
- With the cloud, resources can be updated for new technology in minutes, while it is very difficult with on-premise to update after setup. With on-premise, working globally & sharing the data is tedious work but with the cloud, there are a lot of tools and technologies available that make it easy to work & share the data with other members of the team.
Learn more this through Video on -YouTube